Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog!!
I have received a lot of messages lately from people asking for tips on what to do in winter within Sydney and what activities / events are also cheap so I thought I would share a few ideas which would help you get through your winter blues.
10 THINGS TO DO DURING WINTER:
1) Carriageworks Winter Night Market – $10 per ticket, over 50 choices of bars & restaurants, live music and cooking demonstrations. (Friday 19th July 5pm)
2) Winterlight Parramatta – Roughly $20 per ticket, includes carnival rides, hot snacks, mulled wine & ice skating. (Saturday 1st June until Saturday 31st August)
3) Bondi Winter Magic – $22 per ticket, Ice skating rink with views of Bondi Beach & a Ferris Wheel in the background. (Friday 28th June until Sunday 28th July, 10am- 9pm daily)
4) Apollo 11 Powerhouse Museum – $15 per ticket with entry into Museum, exhibition of the moon landing and the 50th anniversary. (Until July 2020)
5) Paddy’s Night Food Markets, Flemington – FREE EVENT – Food markets held in a undercover carpark which includes more than 25 food trucks & stalls, live music and vintage cars. (Saturday July 6th until Saturday 3rd August)
6) The Rocks Christmas in July Markets – FREE EVENT – Christmas themed markets which French chalets to give it a Bastille vibe. (Thursday July 11th until Sunday 14th July)
7) Cockatoo Island Camping – Pricing depends on package but can range from $89 per night, Waterfront campground with views to Sydney’s Harbour, includes picnic spots, BBQ facilities & cafes / restaurants. (Open all year around)
8) Winery Glamping @ Surry Hills – Bohemian themed hideaway with luxe and cosy glamping tents, can book up to 9 people which includes various packages startig from $59 each. Has boho eating with Instagramable surroundings. (Friday June 14th until Saturday 31st August)
9) Holey Moley – Price depends on option of mini golf course. Karaoke & Mini Golf with drinks & cocktails on offer which turns into the craziest round of golf you will ever remember. (Open all year around)
10) The Grounds of Alexandria – FREE EVENT – This is one of my favourite spots within Sydney, no matter what the season they always have a large variety of upcoming events. Check out their “Whats On” section of their website for all their themed events & most are free which is a bonus. (Open all year around)
I hope you enjoyed this list of events and activities happening within Sydney over the winter period. I hope they have helped give you ideas on where to explore over the next few months.
Lots of Love,