10 THINGS TO DO DURING WINTER:
1) Carriageworks Winter Night Market – $10 per ticket, over 50 choices of bars & restaurants, live music and cooking demonstrations. (Friday 19th July 5pm)
2) Winterlight Parramatta – Roughly $20 per ticket, includes carnival rides, hot snacks, mulled wine & ice skating. (Saturday 1st June until Saturday 31st August)
3) Bondi Winter Magic – $22 per ticket, Ice skating rink with views of Bondi Beach & a Ferris Wheel in the background. (Friday 28th June until Sunday 28th July, 10am- 9pm daily)
4) Apollo 11 Powerhouse Museum – $15 per ticket with entry into Museum, exhibition of the moon landing and the 50th anniversary. (Until July 2020)
5) Paddy’s Night Food Markets, Flemington – FREE EVENT – Food markets held in a undercover carpark which includes more than 25 food trucks & stalls, live music and vintage cars. (Saturday July 6th until Saturday 3rd August)
6) The Rocks Christmas in July Markets – FREE EVENT – Christmas themed markets which French chalets to give it a Bastille vibe. (Thursday July 11th until Sunday 14th July)
7) Cockatoo Island Camping – Pricing depends on package but can range from $89 per night, Waterfront campground with views to Sydney’s Harbour, includes picnic spots, BBQ facilities & cafes / restaurants. (Open all year around)
8) Winery Glamping @ Surry Hills – Bohemian themed hideaway with luxe and cosy glamping tents, can book up to 9 people which includes various packages startig from $59 each. Has boho eating with Instagramable surroundings. (Friday June 14th until Saturday 31st August)
9) Holey Moley – Price depends on option of mini golf course. Karaoke & Mini Golf with drinks & cocktails on offer which turns into the craziest round of golf you will ever remember. (Open all year around)
10) The Grounds of Alexandria – FREE EVENT – This is one of my favourite spots within Sydney, no matter what the season they always have a large variety of upcoming events. Check out their “Whats On” section of their website for all their themed events & most are free which is a bonus. (Open all year around)
I hope you enjoyed this list of events and activities happening within Sydney over the winter period. I hope they have helped give you ideas on where to explore over the next few months.
Thinking of travelling to Australia on a working holiday visa but not sure where to begin?? Purchase a travel pack where its left in the hands of an expert.
I’m no travel consultant or have any educational experience in travel but I have gained extreme knowledge from my own personal travel out to Australia on a 417 working holiday visa. After almost 2 years of backpacking Australia I have learnt a great deal of tips & tricks that have got me through my time here on the 417 working holiday visa.
I would like to share these excellent lessons learnt over my time travelling Australia to share with you, who may be anxious about taking these steps to booking the trip of a lifetime.
Through the use of my travel package, I will show you the following:
- 417 Working Holiday Visa information and guidance on how it works, costs, and visa application.
- Flight assistance to suit your needs.
- Websites to find cheap flights & guidance with best airlines.
- How to save for your trip ahead? – Estimate on how much savings to bring.
- Packing Tips.
- Guidance on cities within Australia so you can make your personal decision on where you would like to base your new home abroad.
- Hostels / Accommodation recommendations- What areas are best to stay in?
- Job advice- Recruitment agency contacts, recommendations to online groups, CV / resume help.
- Regional work- What it involves?, Is it for you? and help finding the work?
- Guidance on 2nd WHV – How you get your 2nd year visa, where you apply and how long the process takes?
- Food / Bars recommendations.
- Itinerary Planning- Can do a personal plan for your trip ahead with costs outlined.
- 1:1 video sessions to gather background information on what you expect for your trip ahead.
- Have my 100% faith to plan your trip for you and giving you the reassurance you will need leading up to your trip of a lifetime.
Once you have purchased your plan I will contact you to find out your thoughts and what you want then I will prepare a personal plan to suit everything you need for your trip ahead.
NOTE: This will be a detailed travel package for you uniquely and may not be suitable for others.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please be advised that I need at least 4 weeks notice prior to your planned / estimated departure date.
- If interested in an Australian 417 WHV Planning Package – Please note to get the full potential out of this plan, I would recommend purchasing a few months prior to your trip.
- Payments are non – refundable.
- If you choose to cancel your services at any time, you will suffer a loss of moneys paid.
- First contact will not be until I receive payment in full.
- Please note each guide will be suited for your own individual trip & will not be suitable for everyone.
- There are packages to suit other currencies- contact me to discuss further pricing.
- Once you purchase your package please allow at least 3 days before first point of contact is made & allow a further 2 weeks to receive your full personal guide.
- If you refer a friend and they purchase a guide they will receive 25% off.
Please provide me with your name, email address and contact number upon payment therefore I can reach you straight away and begin helping you plan ahead.
“Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless”
I hope to see you on the other side 🌏
Emma @ The Flawed Journey